I am back from England, in home again. Honestly i could say that i was bit sad to leave, i could not much look the views from train window without feeling sad. I just loved the landscapes, trees, lambs on the fields, cups and cups of tea, the seaside walks, beautiful old towns, the company of Eileen and her husband; how utterly kind they where for taking me to so many places which they thought i would love to see...
I would like to return back to England soon as i can, maybe this time follow the steps of Jane Austen... I truly felt that i could live in England, maybe someday if i will be lucky enough.
On day six we visited so many places that i can hardly remember the names... First we visited in Grasmere, famous for William Wordsworth and Grasmere gingerbread shop (this is the reason i wanted to go there!).
After Grasmere we visited in Ambleside, in Armitt museum. In Armitt museum's library we found a butterfly book, which Beatrix Potter gave to the museum.
... next time i will post few photos of the World of Beatrix Potter Attraction and one lovely shop filled with Emma Bridgewater pottery...
Ooo... I love the stone houses, especially the balcony overhanging the river with all the blue pots. Just beautiful. I'm so glad you loved your visit, it does look quite extraordinary! I haven't been to England in so long and I never did do so much looking around as you. You've inspired me! Welcome home and I hope you find new inspiration in Finland from your lovely travels!
ReplyDeleteHow quickly your trip went by. I"m glad you are home safe and that you had such a lovely time.
ReplyDeleteDear Delila
ReplyDeleteI smiled the whole time I read and looked.
The loveliness, and nature. The rockwork,
I have stood outside and inside the little stone house on the bridge!
And wasn't the gingerbread just the best?
(I have the recipie, yes I do!)
xx
julie
Hi Delila-how sweet is that butterfly book!!! Gorgeous... I watched Miss Potter last week, now one of my favourite movies.. XXDebbie
ReplyDeleteOh how lovely to see what a great time you had,the pics are lovely.Makes me happy to beEnglish when I see some of our lovely country through different eyes.I have recently been to the Cartuja of Valldemosa the place in Mallorca that one of my heroines,George Sand stayed in with her lover Chopin and her kids. It was a pilgrimage really like yours. I am preparing a post or several about my trip.Lovely to share yours! lol Angela
ReplyDelete