skip to main |
skip to sidebar
in this past week i have been able to say, that spring is truly in Finland. the birds are back, oh, the amounts of birds which i have seen on my parents yard; blackbirds, blue tits and great tits, song thrushes, chaffinches, robins...
everytime i come from outside i just need to go look at the view from my window once again. i can spend a long time infront of the windows and watch the birds. i am so thankful that i can be surrounded all of this great beauty.
I have seen swans many times and cranes gliding on a sky.
spring has brought many blessings, but i think one of them is not the fact that jackdaws are trying to build a nest on the chimney, they make such a horrible noice and somehow they are not one of my favorite birds at all... for few days i have been kept fire burning in the fireplace, trying to make the jackdaws to go away. still i woke up this morning on their noices, and once again lit a fire at the fireplace. hopefully they will disappear in near days.
in these weeks i have made many jewelry pieces, but have not posted them on here. i especially love this 'tree nest' of mine, which i made from wind fallen birch branches. i have begun creating a small jewelry "collection" for every bird i love, first i made a wren inspired jewelry pieces.
Beautiful work Delila, I have been lazy about making my jewels of late, my gardens have taken center stage, leaving me too tired to create.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Spring is inspiring you, is it not glorious!!!
Have a beautiful week!
sharon
Delila, I'm so glad spring is there for you. I enlarged your picture and your necklace is so beautiful. I wore your necklace for Easter and thought of you and how sweet you are to send it to me.
ReplyDeletelovely post delila and lovely work..
ReplyDeletexoxo nita
I think Spring has finally arrived here in Alaska also, and the last several days have been bright and sunny. Not very warm yet, but we are thankful for 50 degrees-ish and the snow is all almost gone. I love the birds returning too, and the hundreds of big Canadian geese have landed in our fields and ponds over the last week. I love their soft grey feathers and honking sounds as they fly.
ReplyDeleteBlessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault