Apr 1, 2011

a day in Porvoo


I had a lovely lovely day with my friend Merel in Porvoo today.
of course we went in Cafe Helmi, which is my favorite cafe.
i took again some photos from there for you...















p.s. thank you thank you for your lovely notes! i think my inspiration is begun to wake...
i shall see what i will create next. i will list few woodland damsel jewelries at least soon.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Delila - A snowy day here in the forest.... but I was sunny wearing my enchanted forest necklace and sipping tea by the fire. Wonder what magic will show up in your shop, look forward to seeing your new inspiration. I love the photo of all the red houses in a row and the one with the trees with houses in the background. Porvoo looks lovely tucked onto the hill there.... Forest blessings from me, Pasha cat and the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful town, and wonderful cafe! Next time you go let me know, and I will come too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful village and I really love the Cafe. Hope you had a good cup of tea or coffee! Wow, you still have alot of snow, I hope that spring is right around the corner for you...... glad that your inspirations are coming back! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful places and photographs! Thank you for sharing the places that seem to evoke another time. I would love to have tea in that cafe and walk in the village pictured between the trees. We still have snow here in western Massachusetts yet spring is here in the bird calls and red buds on the trees. Thanks for sharing... and happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a lovely time. You still have way more snow on the ground there than here. Will it be gone soon? Lovely pictures of your day. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely cafe, it looks so homey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can see why you like this place, so quaint and feminine. full of inspiration!

    i am interested to see this new "damsel" jewelry you mentioned... sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that your creative muse is back Delila!:) That café looks like the beautiful and cosy home of someone, I can imagine it must be lovely to spend some time there with a good friend and Porvoo looks like such a pretty little town, like right out of a story book. Well now that we have reached the month of April I'm sure that the rest of the snow will melt away very quickly and Spring is on it's way to you!
    xoxo~ Carola

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always good to spend time with a friend. It looks as if you went to a beautiful spot. I'm anxious to see what you start creating with your new found spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delila,

    I can surely see why you adore this town and cafe. It seems to suit you so well. All the pictures of Tzar Nicholas are amazing! And the queen too. The light also is so brilliant.
    Less snow on the trees, I see spring is almost there~
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will HAVE to take me there if I come to visit - and I hope so much I can! What a delightful cafe, such pretty things for sale too I think.

    Still see snow - but the town looks very lovely.
    We are surrounded by blossoming trees and shrubs now - and the yellow pollen is everywhere making those of us with allergies quite sniffly and sneezy - the price we pay for the beauty of flowers!

    Glad you are inspired and will be creating more beautiful things soon.
    Just over a month and we get to meet, yeah!
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely day you had Delila,and still so much snow-nothing like that here in Australia!! I'mm looking forward to seeing your new damsel designs too!! Have worn my new bracelets,everyone loves them,xx Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was really lovely to meet you again in beautiful Porvoo. I love your blog! So inspiring. :) (I'm still trying to figure out how all these web connection work...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing, Porvoo and the Cafe look as if they are from another realm. Especially for me. I last saw and was in snow about 30 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful blog you have! I found my way here from Valerianna's wonderful blog, and am very glad that I did. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found you through Valerianna's blog \, I have never been to Finland or known any one from there, I look forward to exploring what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...fabulous cafe..i love love love that black piano with candlesticks..how amazing..Gorgeous post!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete