today i met a new friend in Porvoo. We have known each other for five years, but
have not never met in a "real world". I think time flew by so fast, there was so much to talk about!
It is exciting to meet new people. Päivi is one of the keepers of Pellavahelma blog and has two lovely web shops 'Beloved' and 'Peikonpoika'.
Of course we met in 'Cafe Helmi', which is such a beautiful and unique cafe. I could honestly spend a whole day there, chat away and have a piece of scrumptious cake every second hour and cup of wonderful tea. If i could i would want to invite all of you in there, for a little chat and cup of tea.
it is almost an tradition, that when ever i visit Porvoo the weather is rainy or snowy.
lovely, lovely cakes. every time i go, i want to taste
a new kind of cake.
i hardly ever take photos of me. but this time i had to.
a reminder that i was there. part of the history for a little while.
there has to be at least one cup of coffee in a day.
this was one of the best cappuchino's i have had in cafe's in here Finland.






Oh Delila! Your pictures are gorgeous and I am green with envy....everything looks perfect! I love the charm and atmosphere! And cake!
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful you were able to meet your friend in person. Maybe some day we will have tea!
Hugs!
mmmm, looks delicious, I'll meet you there one day!
ReplyDeleteOh my, what a delightful place, how I wish I could visit it as well, and have a cup of tea, beaut photos, cheers Marie
ReplyDeleteWithout words...i love it!
ReplyDeleteohhhh i am so envious! and so happy for you. your photo is LOVELY - what dress are you wearing? sarah clemens? you look like you stepped right out of Bright Star..... and what cake did you have?! xox
ReplyDeleteDelila,
ReplyDeleteWait, let me grab a muff and my woolen coat, and I will meet you there at three thirty.
I'll let you order the tea.
(Since I don't speak Finnish)
Its so pristine there, and looks very serene.
xx
julie
Such a beautyful set up- And you! Haven't been here for quite a while and it seems I have to catch up a lot. Thank you for your mail. I will take the time and write more letters this year. So I tell.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a street scene from a movie I'd love to watch. Looks like a perfect day to me ~ tea, cake and snow, what's better? :)
ReplyDelete