early morning i had such a peaceful moment and i wrote these lines and took some photos...
today morning i have studied the trees infront of the soft winter light.
i have studied how they move with the wind, their frost covered branches.
there is something very magical on a winter morning light, the serenity of it.
all i want to do in this moment is to sip tea cup after another and
look the dark trees. i do not want to hurry anywhere.
alder trees under a morning clouds.
Julie kindly created another teacup for me from my wishes, i wished a robin and
sky blue house. finding my own cottage, home has been on my heart constantly
in recent months.
reflection of woodland bouquet upon a smoky tea.
i will show you the bouquet later.
another way to use a egg cup.
oh, how i love the Private World Of Tasha Tudor book. i love to read about how she lived
her life, in such a way i long to live also. her words make me smile, she was such a wise woman,
with a sense of humour. her story books have not been familiar to me, like for some of you. i am
not sure could i even find her book translated to Finnish. her stories did not belonged in to my
childhood, like books of Astrid Lindgren.
cottage of my dreams.
trees behind the lace curtains
Winter morning light and tea from a magical, dreaming cup - perfect! I love the cottage and little acorn tucked on the handle - perfect to drink in the knowing that someday, and hopefully SOON, you will have a sweet little woodland cottage.
ReplyDeleteI love Tasha Tudor as well, and I didn't have her books as a child, though they were right here in front of me somewhere! I do love to wander in her world, and, though it seems I might have a similar life, going out to work in the world is so very different from growing ones food and keeping goats... oh well, another life maybe!
Winter blessings to you, dear one!
This is such a lovely post. I love your words and photos..... I am sipping some tea with you right now!
ReplyDeleteHey awsome post! I will try to find this bokk in spanish, it seems very interesting.
ReplyDelete:) Sweet little post dear. I'm sure you'll get your little cottage of your dreams one day. <3
ReplyDeleteWhat a pleasure to be part of such a beautiful post, Delila. I met someone who met Tasha Tudor, who lived in New Hampshire. She was lovely and resourseful and hard working. And very true to herself. There is a craft book she has done also. Do you have it? She made wonderful animals from old wool scraps.
ReplyDeletexx
Oh you are beautiful and wise yourself, to create and behold such beauty. cheers Marie
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful post! The title of it caught my eye--I love Tasha Tudor and have read that book many times. I actually met the photographer who took all of the photos, Richard Brown. Tasha lived just an hour and a half or so away from where I live here in Vermont, I would have loved to have met her too...
ReplyDeletexo,
Ivy
You are such a gentle, beautiful spirit I'm sure you will have the home of your dreams one day. And I also know that you treasure the small things right now and that's so very important. Blessings to you, Delila, and Merry Christmas to you this beautiful season. Diane
ReplyDeleteWhat a dreamy way to start a morning. I do hope you get that sweet cottage you are visioning for yourself.
ReplyDeleteMmmmm Tasha and tea; perfect. You have a beautiful tea cup too by the way ~ I have the same book, as well as "Forever Christmas"... I didn't know her growing up either, but found her and her art much later - so glad I did.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a very Merry Christmas and all the best wishes for the new year too! Melody :)