Jul 4, 2010

little eggs


few weeks ago bird house fell on a ground. i had to take a lot of courage to take a peek if there was just eggs or little birds. i saw five beautiful light blue eggs. few of them where bit crushed, but i put the bird house on the same place. few days the pied flycatchers visited in the bird house, but then i did not see them in few weeks. today i opened the bird house once again and looked the eggs more closely, of course i wanted to held these lovely eggs on my hand.
apparently the eggs have changed the color and these are eggs which will never turn in to birds. now i wonder what to do with the eggs? i would love to take them inside with the nest, but i think the eggs probably would rotten? any ideas?


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo of the nest. I would make a wee hole top and bottom and blow them,then bring the nest inside and have a lovely arrangement. Cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delila you can take the eggs inside, they will not rotten they will just dry out, I experienced this before. They are beautiful :)
    Carola xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had a very bad rain storm with heavy winds, so I found a small blue egg on the grass this morning. there was no nest insight, but i'm sure it is way up in the tree somewhere. i left the egg out there for now, but i know it won't hatch either. i want to keep it but i also wonder if it will get rotten............... i love wearing your acorn necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a child, we frequently found eggs on the ground. My mother would help us poke a tiny hole in each end thru which we blow, like a whistle, and out would come the stuff inside. Mom would rinse them with water and we saved them in baskets around the house. Its alot of work, but the rewards are great. Good luck with it...they are beatiful eggs...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for all of your notes!
    this helps me a lot.
    pair of blue tits where few time visiting on the bird house, probably looking a new nesting place, but could not use the box since the eggs where in it.

    Linda: i am so glad that you like the acorn necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Delila, Beautiful little eggs, isn't nature fragile?! I found a robin's egg once and I still have it. It was unbroken so I very carefully brought it into the house and set it in a glassed in cabinet. That was about 3 years ago. I think the insides has dried up but I don't want to find out. Blessings to you, Diane

    ReplyDelete