Aug 8, 2009

Tokens of Heart

Yesterday evening my table was filled with things like empty lockets waiting to be transformed in to something lovely, laces and papers.
I begun to layer papers upon these little lockets and then painting them with gesso and pastel chalks ( i think these are my favorite artist supplies). Then i noticed lace on my table and thought to layer the papers with some pieces of lace.
Then i begun to think what i would want to "say" with these lockets? I wrote some of my favorite words with my vintage typewriter, but also things like "lovely day" to keep as an talisman and a "writer" which is very much part of my heart also.
Today i was editing this photograph at picnik. com ( i find this is the best ways to edit photographs) and thought that i need to invent a name for these lockets... 'token of heart' would be a perfect way to call these lockets, which describe the things i "heart".

You can find these little Tokens of Heart lockets at my Robin and the Sage Etsy shop.

4 comments:

  1. Delila,

    These are very dear and I like their simplicity. I want one!

    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet. Good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delila

    I received the necklace and bundle of paper goodness that you sent me for your recent blog giveaway. They are all lovely and I treasure them. Sorry it has taken awhile to acknowledge them but I had been unwell for a couple of weeks.

    Take care
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete