Dec 6, 2011

day in Porvoo



Yesterday i spent a day in Porvoo. It is such a magical place to be, especially on a Yule time!
Lovely shops are filled with beautiful gifts and ornaments for the home. I must say it is too tempting to wander there.... i purchased just few things this time an Jeanne d'Arc Living Christmas magazine and ribbons for my jewelleries and wee gifts. 


This is an old fire station, why they do not build buildings like this anymore?


this was quite a wonderful shop, filled with things you could able to purchase in North Africa, exotic finds; scarfs with gold threads, candles and lanterns...


this beautiful antique chair was in front of the shop too. 



Yule inspired display in front of a Våga shop. It is my favorite shop in Porvoo, filled with beautiful garments, which i hope i will have in my cupboard someday.


how wondrous it would be to live in this old part of Porvoo...


Skafferi shop,
 i visited there few times yesterday and it was a first time i did not purchased anything, the little treat shop was full of people.


these decorations are just my cup of tea; oak leaves, heart shaped oak leaf ornament and a another heart ornament decorated with acorns and oak leaves.


Christmas spice tea, princess cake topped with marzipan &  
plum filling, rum raisin cake and we took also Sacher torte with cherry and plum jam filling. 
it seems that someones fork is just heading towards the rum raisin cake...  all where scrumptious!

surely it is a must to visit in Helmi Café... 
pity i could take just few photos, too much people for my taste.
sometimes i have been in this cafe, which have been almost empty.

the day was lovely, hoping to go there soon again.


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, what a lovely place to visit. I'd like a cup of tea there.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful place to visit. Thank you for the sweet photos of yule goodies, crafts, gifts!! This is the type of place that I would love to see. It sends one into a special, happy mood!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely visit you had. I'm like you I love the old buildings and wish they were still built like that. But then I like most old things better then the new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place. Ooh spiced Christmas tea sounds just what's needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delila,
    I can see that you had a wounderful day in Porvoo, just like I had when I visited there in October!

    ReplyDelete