this is my third week living in this wonderful arboretum. i have had my lonely times in here, wandering by myself usually under the autumn trees. but i am so grateful that i am able to be here, to be part of this place. next week i will pack my bags and will go to school again, knowing that i am more confident with knowing many new trees and plants now. i have learned already so much in this time.
today we where gathering acorns in a mossy acorn woodland, magical! i could just imagine all the woodland mices gathering acorns on their homes. time to time i looked above me where i saw how the wind was moving autumn colored oaks.
i long to make some acorn gatherer jewelries. maybe i even use some part of real acorns i have been gathering, even now i need to empty my coat pockets off them.





You have captured the magic of autumn in a nutshell (or should that be an acorn cup?)Wonderful images.
ReplyDeleteHow I have missed seeing Finland's forests this year. Thank you for sharing
ReplyDeletedelila, i am back blogging..i miss you..will be back to see you dear heart..xoxo nita
ReplyDeleteOh, the lovely woodland Delila, gorgeous photos. The colors of the leaves are awesome now that Autumn has arrived - October is my favorite month, because it's my birthday! Happy that you have enjoyed your time at this arboretum and hope that your return to school goes well.
ReplyDeleteOur leaves have not changed color yet - weather still very warm and dry, skies are blue, just perfect every day this week. Many flowers still blooming in my garden, and many creatures wandering through, fox, raccoon, squirrels, cats, and all the beautiful birds.
I will be leaving in a couple of weeks for my big adventure to New Zealand, Australia and the sub-Antarctic islands. I am taking rain boots too - wish I had red ones like yours, they are adorable!
Love from us both- Mary and Bob
Its so glorious there Delila!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to your new acorn works.
Best
xx
Julie
I'm glad you've had the opportunity to be there. I know you'll be glad to get to the next state of your life. Beautiful pictures - your love for the woodlands shows through in your camera. Diane
ReplyDeleteThe wonder of Autumn, cheers Marie
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, your photography is amazing!...truely beautiful and inspiring!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog, it has given me the chance to find your fabulous space!
Louise xx
What wonderful photos of the fall trees, I'm glad to hear you are having such a good time.
ReplyDeleteSo wonderful your photos of the forest. very magickal. I can almost smell the leaves and pine needles. What a fabulous opportunity for you!
ReplyDeletehow lovely! The Autumn colors are beautiful. I am so happy that you had this oppurtunity to be in such a beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful trees.vibrant colours Lovely post!
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures. I often think autumn leaves look like treasure!
ReplyDelete