Jun 13, 2011

hedgehog in the bluebell woods


hello, i have been very silent in here and there is a good reason for it: i have been studying plants and conifer trees in Finnish and Latin. we had a whole day of exams on thursday and got results on friday, i got 146 points of 150 in botanical test, i am so proud of myself! i have honestly always felt bit bad in school when i was younger because i was not an A student. Although we have a over month "holiday" inn school, it is actually filled with reading again. i need to memorize another botanical list. 

i have been also very busy tending my parents large garden, so much to do and i do love even taking of the weeds. now i wait with an excitement what will come of the flowers seeds and perennial plants i sowed and planted on the new part of the "cottage garden". i did not made the flower beds properly and there is lots of weeds growing, but i do not mind if i will eventually see some flowers in the flower patches also. there is also a potager in the making. 

finally yesterday the rain came after waiting a proper rain weeks and weeks. and it was a perfect day to receive a parcel from Julie; after i came back from England i wanted to order another teacup from Julie with bluebells, Julie asked if i wanted a hedgehog wandering through the bluebell woodland and surely i did! Julie was so kind that she sent me also vintage Peter Rabbit's Diary, i did not even know that such thing existed. It is filled with pages i could write in to and some paintings which are new to me. I love the little diary, thank you Julie!!

Almost all the things i bought from England where filled with images of Peter Rabbit and other Beatrix Potter paintings. I just could not resist... I would want to have all books written about Beatrix and all the story books which she have written, have a little library filled with books about her. She just inspires me so very much and her stories makes me happy!


squirrel medallion to decorate my studio.


page inside of Peter Rabbit's Diary.


Books about Beatrix and antique story books of hers, 
still there is many books of hers which i should search.


a book i bought from Hilltop souvenir shop. 
Someday i will visit Hilltop again and walk another paths where she has been walking in the Lakes.


i love this landscape!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your exam! And your new cup is wonderful... I saw it go up in Julie's shop reserved for you and thought it was just perfect! I have a lot of those older Potter books from my childhood, they are great! Happy gardening and abundant blessings from the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on your exam, it must feel very good!!! I love your "Julie" cup, I have a collection of them myself, they make me feel so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic about your exam results. When you are studying something you love and is meaningful to you, you excel...not like in young student days where everything is such a chore! I adore your Beatrix Potter books and pottery. I am a huge Beatrix fan myself, she was such an innovative farmer, gifted artist, and lover of animals and nature. She was definitely living well before her time, when women were not supported in the types of work she pursued. Thank you for a sweet and lovely post! Blessings from Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    I'm so happy you like the pieces.
    Congratulations on your wonderful news.
    -How accomplished you are, and special.
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big hooray on your exam Delila! You are a natural at botany I am sure....you were meant to be!
    I love your posts of Beatrix and gardening, it is refreshing and beautiful!
    Can't wait to see your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie's pottery is so wonderful! I need to order some! I am a Beatrix Potter fan as well! I see you have The Roly Poly Pudding (Samuel Whiskers), which is one of my very favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your exam. Sounds very hard but very rewarding. You'll be able to use that knowledge for the rest of your life.

    I had a little black pomeranian and I found The Pie and Patty Pan by Beatrix Potter. I loved her little drawings and paintings of the little black pomeranian.

    I love your sweet pottery and journal. She's a true artist, isn't she? And your gardens sound wonderful. I'm so glad you had such an enchanting time in England.

    Have a lovely day, write to me sometime. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I have just found you, via Valeriana's forest. what a lovely blog you keep. I do like your collection about Beatrix Potter.

    The jewellery is lovely.
    Kittos.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you, scoring so well on your exams!! Yay, Delila! You're a natural at this. How lovely it must be to spend time gardening. So relaxing and healing. All those wonderful Beatrix Potter books and things are making me want to start my own such collection. I remember how delighted I was by these books as a child, and the feeling comes right back on seeing your photos. Julie's pottery is gorgeous! Hoping you get to see some beautiful flowers filling your garden very soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Delila, Bob and I are so happy to learn of your excellent exam results, how fabulous that you scored so high! Know it's hard work learning all those names in both your language and Latin - you really did great!

    Love the photos of your growing collection of Beatrix Potter's books. Like you, I too hope to return to the Lake District again - it was truly beautiful and I wished for more time there with you and Eileen.

    I love Julie's pottery and want to buy some - I'm watching her online store for items as I cannot get to her area of California. She makes the most exquisite things - can tell she loves Nature too.

    Happy gardening dear friend - I've been working in mine also, but it has been so hot every day, 90-100 degrees, and no rain here either.

    I think of you often. I'm really loving the magazines Delila - keep reading (well just looking at the pictures in the Finnish one) them over and over again!
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello! i saw the word hedgehog and came over, i love those little guys so much! and then what a surprise to see julie's pottery! such a gorgeous little cup. she is brilliant.

    congratulations on your exam, you should be so proud! that is a big accomplishment.

    my husband and i both love beatrix potter too and collect her books and beswick figures. and i see you have a photo on your sidebar from one of my favorite movies, the fox and the child! there is so much to love here!

    xo lori

    ReplyDelete