Feb 13, 2011

sowing seeds


what a wonderful Sunday i have had. potting seeds of pelargoniums and pansies.
pitty that i did not purchase more soil, since i could not pot all of the seeds. i can not wait  to see what will come of these seeds. there is also rosemary growing. how i love to purchase seeds and especially sowing them. later i will clean one room of my parents carage (with a windows) and make a "potting shed" of it, how wonderful!


what are your favorite flowers, i would love to know! 
... and do please send photos of your gardens, if you can.


 tea and reading break. i love the garden faery mug, 
which my sister once gave to me as a birthday gift.


sowing supplies on a basket. 
garden journals, few of them are gifts from friends, 
one from my lovely friend ZuZu ( like those snapdragon seeds).

9 comments:

  1. Are you still in as much winter as we? I'm buried in snow...TONS! Nice to see your seeds. Lovely to see you in Nina's post over at Ornamental. I love her blog, too, and her work. Oh, and will you be making more of those sweet acorns? I think I need one!

    Forest blessings from RavenWood... spring dreaming to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Delila from debbie in Australia-I love your sweet blog and jewellery!! I also love daffodils-drifts of them growing wild! We live on 3 acres in the country and I am slowly trying to plant more daffodils each year. Will try and send a photo one day,xxDebbie p.s.can't wait to see my bracelet when it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like fresh chamomile, I tried to plant a walkway of it once. Just sort of looked like green puddles and I had to hop my way up it to get the fragrance, that sweet apple-ey green clean smell. Fresh gardenias are lovely too, I can't grow them here near the saltwater. But rosemary, yes! I am rich in rosemary.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Delila,
    I am so happy to have discovered your blog. It is truly lovely.
    As I am a florist I can honestly say I adore all flowers. My garden is bursting right now with Jasmine and trailing Rose ( I will post pictures soon on my blog www.triciafountainedesign.com/blog/ as I am very proud). The Jasmine almost makes me cry it is so beautiful and fragrant. From the lowly blooms on weeds to the high bred Roses I love them all. They are Mother Nature's art and I treasure them.
    Thank you for your sweet posts,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still dreaming of my garden bursting with blooms, but some snow still remains on the ground. I have lots of lavender, rosemary, peonies (my favorites) and many more flowers that I adore. We also have a fish pond that is packed with peach water lilies (and a few too many fish). I'll be posting garden shots as soon as things get going, usually around April. Also, I read Nina's sweet post about your blog... such a small world in blogland! I'm interested in seeing some more acorn necklaces. Would love to purchase a couple for gifts and myself!
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post seeing your wishes for lovely flowers and watching the seeds grow.
    Please check, I have sent you an email.
    Eileenx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lovely stop .. i can smell the soil .. it gives me hop for spring

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Delila,
    I just discovered you through Nina and I am so happy I did. I think I will find that we have some things in common, besides our love for Nina!
    I just planted seeds in trays a few hours ago and am doing so much garden work lately because I recently moved to southern Italy to try to fix up my parents' home, which no one has lived in since 1987! The house and the land need a lot of work and I have been writing about it and posting photos recently on my blog. It's quite exhausting, put I will be completely rewarded when flowers start blooming.
    My favorite flowers that I can think of right away are Nasturtiums, Hollyhocks and Peonies, I think because they are so generous.
    Will visit again soon.
    Anna Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Delila

    So wonderful to have rediscovered your blog - I remember some time ago when you put it to bed and I was sad as I love reading about your days, drooling over your beautiful jewellery [I have several pieces!] and enjoying the stunning Finnish landscape.

    I too love my garden and creating jewellery pieces. I shall email you some photos of my garden in full bloom. My favourite flowers are paeony, rose, magnolia, hyacinth, freesia, lavender, jonquil and hollyhocks. Probably many more too!

    Have just discovered a love of dahlia and chrysanthemum as well - they bring such lovely late autumn colour :o)

    ReplyDelete