Apr 28, 2010

first signs of spring

Few days ago i landed in Finland. 
Yesterday i was wandering in the woods and walking on our yard. I thought it would be more green when i arrived, but the nature seems to be quite brown at this moment. But there is green buds on the trees, so i am sure when the weather will be more warm the nature will change the color immediately. I just love this time of year: waiting the first green leaves, looking how birds are creating their nests and hearing all the time the bird song. I know that this kind of landscape is where i belong, i could never ever be happy in town anymore.


First thing to do in a forest was to touch the moss and smell it's earthy scent, my favorite scent upon this earth... with resin.



I have no idea how this crocus flower had appeared middle of field, just this only one. I think it looks even more beautiful alone.
Last autumn i had to purchase some wellingtons, but did not found any lovely "grown up" wellingtons. So i bought a pair of children's boots, and they fit perfectly.

I am inspired by all the birds and being closely with the trees, but i have not yet settled myself by my table, where i usually create jewelries. I must clean first my tiny studio; decorate it in other way after the winter.

5 comments:

  1. Its always wonderful to come home.
    Love your hat.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely photo. You are very striking! Have a happy Spring Delila x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always lovely waiting for spring, ans I am sure that special flower found you,to make you smile. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so so so so lovely, sweet delila! welcome home, my friend.....xxx

    ReplyDelete