Jan 5, 2009

one of the most soothing voices in a nature is to hear how the reed sing in the wind. in summer time i said to my friend, that i wish there would be a cd filled with voices of rustling leaves...that in winter time i will be missing that sound. but there are such a beautiful voices in a winter air: the song of waxwings. rustling of the branches. how the snow moves upon a icy snow... these voices are more dear to me, than any man made songs or symphonies. what about winter scents? winter scents are not powerlfull like in summer time, but more delicate one. the scent of fir and pines are my very favorite. the icy moss. smoke in the air. here is one of my latest bracelets. for some one who has an naturalist heart. p.s. take a peek at "Drawings From The Nature" blog. Milly's drawings are just stunning! She has been an inspiration to me ever since i noticed her drawings and writing in English Country Living. one of my promised this year will be, that i try to paint bird feathers... inspired by Milly, of course and Beatrix Potter!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a sweet Nature girl...I just put Nature sounds on my blog this morning...I miss the sounds of the summer birds in the winter. Not much sound now, but the wind and a few bird peeps...but the days are getting longer, little by little.

    One of my favorite things to paint are birds in watercolors, I love the way the colors blend in such a natural progression...I should be painting more now that it's winter, but I continue to lament for spring.

    Have a wonderful weekend...s

    ReplyDelete