Mar 1, 2011

travelling dreams


some of you who have been reading my blog from the beginning know's how much i have wanted to travel in England. especially the deep yearning to travel there came after seeing Miss Potter, was it four years ago already? well, now that i have plane tickets, i write here that i am truly travelling in England 7th of May. You can not know how happy i am about this, utterly happy!!!
i had been seriously planned to travel in England this spring, but then thought that it would not be fun to travel alone. Magically my lovely friend Eileen invited me to stay with her and her husband. She kindly also will come to meet me to the Manchester airport and from there we shall travel by train where she lives. travelling by train in England, another dream of mine... She lives just 40 minutes away from Beatrix Potter's Hill Top home, can you imagine? Dreams truly come true, and i think this came in a most lovely way, now i can meet Eileen and have a holiday in surroundings i so much adore. And i am so grateful for my parents who cave the tickets as my 30th birthday ( which will be 2nd of April) gift.
There is thousand of butterflies fluttering in my tummy when i think of this journey, even though i need to wait few months.

17 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! I wish I could come join you for a cup of tea and a walk in the beautiful places that B. Potter walked. I, too, loved that film. My mother always read her stories to me when I was a child.

    I was JUST today thinking about a trip overseas that would include the UK,
    Latvia, Finnland and Norway. Seems rather ambitious, so keeping the dreaming open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO delighted for you!I can't wait to see photos of your trip ~ such a beautiful place England is, and how lucky you have a friend there! I got to go to England in 1998, on my dream trip to see Beatrix's house... I have a picture of me, leaning in the doorway just where she is. It's magic there.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting, how magical, how lucky, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH how exciting!! Do enjoy yourself lovely girl. I'm sure you will have the most wonderful time. Drink it all in and savor it! So happy for you! :)

    lauren Mumford

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful news. Dreams do come true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. time until then will fly by quickly as you get ready for your trip. May will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! It's nice to hear about your dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will enrich your life this trip.
    I know it will be wonderful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, such a coincidence...............my husband and I will also arrive at Manchester Airport (from the USA) on May 7th!!! We'll be staying in the Lake District for a week with a group of friends prior to a week in my childhood home in the south! Beatrix Potter's 'Hill Top' will be one of the places I hope so much to visit. Will be great if we run into each other Delila - it IS a small world after all!

    Thrilled to know your dream of visiting England is coming true and that your lovely friend Eileen is helping make it happen.

    Mary - A Breath of Fresh Air

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings from Australia!! We look forward to seeing many photos of your beautiful trip on your blog!! It will be here before you know it!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for you! Truly! I've been only to the airport in London twice, but I don't think that really counts. I would love to tour England by train. Also, I received my absolutely wonderful necklace from you today. I love it!! It's so me! I will definitely feature it in my next blog post. I would have today, but received mail after I had already made a new post. Thank you for the tea!
    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again - in warm and sunny North Carolina!

    Delila, hope you don't mind - I introduced myself to Eileen (what a fabulous artist!) and told her that perhaps we can at least say hello if we bump into each other at the Manchester airport that morning - looks like we arrive about the same time!

    Blogging brings such great virtual friends together in person if one is lucky - I would love to just meet you two very creative women, even if only for a few minutes!

    This afternoon I was out in my garden photographing the first Spring flowers - will make a post soon to share with all who are still awaiting warmer weather!

    Blessings - Mary

    P.S. Please e-mail me at the address on my blog if you prefer not to share personal info. about your trip online.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand how excited you are, as I love England too and yearn to visit again. I have been fortunate to have travelled there on 3 previous occasions but it just fuels my desire to go back, although I do live somewhat further away than you.
    My last trip was in 2007 when the movie Miss Potter came out. After watching it at the cinema I was so glad we had already decided to go and had booked tickets otherwise I would've headed straight to the travel agent and booked myself a ticket.......
    We went to her home but sadly as we had arrived late in the afternoon they wouldn't let us in as they can only let a certain number of people through it each day even thought it was still open............. My passionate little speech about travelling from he other side of the world to visit couldn't persuade the lady to let me in. I was tempted to sneak around the back of the house but my son fearing I would be looked up in jail and the key thrown away persuaded me not too.

    Have a wonderful, wonderful holiday.........

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really know how great you must feel about this!
    Literary pilgrimages are my favourite holiday too.I hope you have a wonderful time and maybe catch sight of Peter Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome opportunity!!! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete